Monday, October 14, 2013

Well first of all, I think I am going to have to sell my house because I cannot get the smell of burnt popcorn out of it. I have opened the doors and run the fans (60 degrees outside), washed all of my linens, clothes, febrized the rugs, burnt candles and have a pot of cinnamon and cloves on the stove 24/7, all to no avail. Who knew popcorn could be so stinky? Oh, and I think I'll have to throw away my microwave. No amount of vinegar seems able to take the stink out of it. It's always something, isn't it? 
oy vey

So, I went to work yesterday even though my season is over because Pumpkinfest has taken over the town and yesterday's event was in the field right next door so we were busy. The event was the annual pumpkin drop and here is what it looked like when I got to work. No people yet but the crane is in place.
And, here we are with the giant pumpkin being hoisted above the crowd. There were the usual glitches and the first splat was about an hour behind schedule but was very satisfying nonetheless. I did not get a picture of the smack down because I was so caught up in the fun of it but here is a picture from last year.
woohoo!
here was our verson  :)
And, this is the pumpkin my friend, Lauren, carved. Looks like one of those miserable money grubbing fat cats in Washington, doesn't it?
Like most of the locals who don't have to be there, I will wait until tomorrow to go in to town and see all the pumpkins. By then, most of the tourists will have cleared out and there will be some elbow room for the rest of us.  

 And, here is my turkey feather bouquet in celebration of the season.

No comments:

Post a Comment