Sunday, October 6, 2013

Went down to Spruce Head the other day and snapped this picture. Iconic Maine, right?
I joined the Maine Modern Quilt Guild yesterday, which is part of The Modern Quilt Guild, which is made up of over 150 guilds from across the country and the world.  And for those not in the know, modern quilts are very different from the traditional pieced quilt. They utilize improvisational piecing, minimalism and lots of negative space. For someone who has been quilting for many years (like me) it is a challenge to wrap your head around this method. I think my niece, Annie does it instinctively. Bless.
This is Betsy, our leader, and she put us through an exercise of improv quilting. Loved it!  Here's my work in progress.  Cuh-razy!
So after the meeting, I jetted home from the USM campus where the meeting was held to meet up with my friend, Carole and her husband Bob for a little boating with Miss Barbie Dreamboat. LOVE!  Here's Bob driving the boat. He did good and Carole and I got to sit up front and have a little gossip.
It's taken about a week to get myself organized and back in the groove, got my studio somewhat in order and cleaned my house. Still have a bunch of yard work to do this morning before the rain comes but then my plan is to sew baby sew! Will keep you posted.


No comments:

Post a Comment