Saturday, February 8, 2014

Had a super fun day yesterday at Merry May's "Groovy" modern quilt class. Groovy is the name of this quilt. I managed to finish the entire quilt top and let me tell you, my neck and back are punishing me for it today.
Merry May on the right; my friend, Nancy on the left.
My beloved Miss Elna hard at work
Groovy
 If a camera is present, Sophie shows up and demands I take her picture so here she is in all her glory.
"Circle Dance" quilted and all done but for the binding - Yay!
The back
So, I was reading the AARP online newsletter this morning and I noticed they have a section called, Flying Solo, Choosing to be Single. Here is what one man said in response to what single happy women were posting:  I never realized that mature women were content with sharing their golden years with pets, computers and daytime television. I dont plan to spend the rest of my life alone pretending to be content. Typical man. Why in the world would a woman in her 50's want an idiot man who constantly needs his ego stroked and to be waited on hand and foot? To be his mother and then his nurse as you both age? Fuggetaboutit. That's crazy talk!  





No comments:

Post a Comment