Monday, February 3, 2014

Mom and I went to the monthly Florida Keys Quilters meeting -- and btw, our show is coming up at the end of the month so make sure you come -- on Saturday and here are a few of the quilts from show and tell. And, I don't know why I didn't take pictures of my own but you can see my funky nine-patch in the background on this first picture. Isn't it GORGEOUS!? Love Kim's fish too!

 My friend, Alison, paper pieced these next two. So cute! They will be in the challenge against mine.
 The bees have little yellow ribbon bows for wings.

To refresh your memory, here's mine.  I think I'm hosed.
And I wanted to tell you about my day yesterday because it was so fabby. After brunch at Our Lady of Perpetual Mimosas, I took my kayak out at high tide and the abundance of sealife was mind boggling. Parrot fish, rays, lots of shiney needle noses and when I went by the dolphin pens, they all came up to the fence to check me out and say hello. So wonderful. And note to self: get a waterproof camera! When I got home, I jumped in the water and after a shower, sat and sewed. A day doesn't get much better than that. My affirmation yesterday said "Today I remember that Life loves me and will reward me." Amen sister!
Borrowed this pic from the net.
Because I don't have a waterproof camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment