Saturday, February 15, 2014

Well, I'm eating my words today because I got this beautiful valentine's day orchid from my friend, Rece, yesterday. Thanks, Rece!
And speaking of eating, listen to this: last week I made my first ever pork loin and it was fabulous, if I do say so myself. My friend, Lenore, gave me the recipe and it slow cooked in the oven with sauerkraut, applesauce and brown sugar. Yay! Tonight, I am making my first ever leg of lamb and although I was pretty grossed out touching the thing, and the netting is coming off it, and I don't have the right pan or a rack, it looks good sitting there ready to go in the oven. Slathered it in garlic and rosemary and olive oil and fresh lemon and put the potatoes under it to catch the goodness. I'll let you know how it turns out.
Found some wire net and folded it over a glass baking dish. Stay tunred . . .

ADDENDUM:  Turned out perfect and I didn't even have time to take a picture before Mom started carving and we devoured most of it! Shepherd's pie for the leftovers.  Yum

No comments:

Post a Comment