Friday, July 18, 2014

A poem by Gloria, based on a true story

Lake Lesson

the sound of ker - plop
was the sign I had dropped
my iphone into the lake

I tore off my shirt
plunged in, felt wet dirt
with my toes til i found it

packed it in rice
per sage advice
still I can not wake it

soon I must take it
to the apple store
where I will have to pay more

I'll swear not to drop it 
but keep it in pocket
not on a boat in my bra 

* * * 

This happenstance was partly my fault as Gloria was being an awesome First Mate when it happened and was only trying to fend Barbie Dreamboat off the dock and tie up. Earlier in the evening, I went to retrieve Barbie Dreamboat and the clip slipped off her bow and she started drifting away. In I went in my dress, snagged her line and towed her to the dock. That should have been a good indicator for not going out on that fateful sunset cruise!  Pretty dam funny in retrospect though.  




No comments:

Post a Comment