Sunday, July 20, 2014

Never a dull moment on Miss Barbie Dreamboat!

Well first of all, I wanted to show you what I see when I let the dogs out each morning and what a nice way to start the day. My garden is at full strength and I love to see LaToya out there, and my little studio.
So yesterday my friends Carole and Bob came over for a boat ride and a swim and we soon set off. Here is Sophie - newly shorn btw - waiting patiently by the dock for us to get going. 
naked little back
Bob took the wheel, which is nice because Carole and I can sit in the bow and catch up.
 
We actually managed to get a bit lost but were enjoying being out on the water when this boat came up behind us and then flagged us down.
Watch out for this boat if you're out on the Lake
Well well well, if it wasn't Sargeant Joe LeFabvre of Fish and Wildlife pulling us over and can I just say that I couldn't sleep last night for thinking of that smug look on his face, but I digress. He wanted to see lifejackets and we had them and then said I needed a new registration, which I knew but have not had the time to go to the town office and yes I know that is not a good reason for not having it yet but seriously, I have only had Barbie Dreamboat in the water for a short time which I told him and he could have cut me a break but NOOOOOO. Not snarky little Sargeant Joe LeFabvre and here he is ducking behind his windshield afraid to face my ire.
Well, ok actually he was back there writing me a ticket but still. He even told Bob he was getting a verbal warning. Officious little worm. So am I guilty? Well, yes but that's not the point. He should have given me a warning and moved on to more important offenders, like speeders and reckless jetskiiers, etc. It's going to cost me big bucks. So, enough about that little Sargeant Weasel, I had a lovely time with Bob and Carole as always and we had a short swim - chilly with the sun behind the clouds - before they took off.
I felt the need for comfort food and made the best dinner last night. I mixed up some tzatziki using greek yogurt, lemon, cucumbers, garlic and loads of dill. Here it is:
and then I marinated some lamb kebobs in just olive oil and fresh rosemary. Got them from Whole Foods last week,
George Foreman grilled them and I put one over a greek salad made with feta, kalamata olives, red onion and lettuce from my friend Anne's garden. Doh! I had given all the ripe tomatoes to Carole and Bob before they left. Anyhoo, it was so yummy and I completely forgot about the tzatziki in the fridge so I'll have it with the other one tonight. 
yum
This, combined with a viewing of Justified and oh I love that show with Timothy Oliphant, made for a lovely evening and I was able to forget about The Incident on the water today. 
Wonder what's next?













No comments:

Post a Comment