Friday, July 4, 2014

The heat and humidity have been unrelenting and is is a pleasure to wake up this morning to 70 degrees and fog and the promise of rain although the temperature is supposed to soar again. Today will be easier than the last three because tomorrow is forcast to be back to Maine: The Way Life Should Be as far as the weather goes. Today is the fourth of July and my affirmation from Louise Hay says, "I am free of the past. I declare my independence to be me!" If only.

The town is crammed full of tourists and it is impossible to make a quick trip into the grocery store now. The locals are complaining but soon it will be taken in stride and we'll get used to the waiting on line and slow traffic, lack of parking spaces. Afterall, the town couldn't survive without them. Three months is a small window to make enough to live out the year here. The 4th is a drinking holiday so I'll be laying low, avoiding all the craziness of the partyers in town and drunks on the road.

Today's a day off but I'll be working at de-cluttering my house and my storage unit, having a little tag sale tomorrow so come on out if you're in the area, and buy some of my stuff. I let go of a little more each year and it is bittersweet. Sweet to release those things that are attached to memories of a past life. But sad for the same reason.

Off for a walk with the girls before the rain comes. Here's a little personal gratitude this morning:

1.     Ceiling fans!
2.     MPBN and Erwin Gratz. Bless.
3.     Bumbleberry smoothies from Swallowtail Farm,
and more than anything else in the whole world,
4.     My sweet girls


That's all I got. 
What's going on in your world?

No comments:

Post a Comment