Sunday, July 27, 2014



I took myself up to Augusta on Friday for Maine Quilts, the State's annual quilt show. I hadn't been for a few years and was pleasantly surprised. Good vendors and some really great quilts. Here are just a few:
Photo on fabric. The seaweed was thread. Awesome.
My fave. Beautiful beading and bling
on this quilt that photo doesn't show.

The well-deserved winner. Gorgeous piecing and quilting
I think from a photo and hand painted, then quilted. Love it!
I love Saturdays now that I have Fridays off. Because Friday feels like Saturday and then when Saturday comes, I think it's Sunday and then I realize Hey hold the phone! It's actually Saturday again! Love that. Anyhoo, Carole and Bob came for lunch and Bob (fingers crossed) fixed my leaky windows. Finally after all these years!! Still have to do the bedroom windows but a trip to Home Depot :( for paintable caulk is in order first.
I have such a hard time letting others do for me and I am immensely grateful that Carole and Bob make it so easy for me to say yes. I am lucky to have such good friends.
Canada's wild fires are evident here in the smoke that is drifting above us, creating some hazy days. Makes it look hot and humid but in reality we are in the 50's over night and the 70's during the day. Perfect. Perfectly perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment