Saturday, October 18, 2014

Are we there yet??
I've gone from just past peak colors in Maine to barely any in North Carolina, like traveling back in time. Always makes me happy to notice my first palm tree and that happened in South Carolina today. Woke up to a light frost this morning and stopped at a rest stop this afternoon to walk the girls and it was 84 degrees. Stepped off the pavement and got a fire ant bite which is now the size of a golf ball. yay
9 long hours on the road today and happy to cross into Florida and check into our Days Inn in Palm Caost, which is unfortunately showing a little wear and tear (The door to my room looks like a pry bar was taken to it.) Thrilled to tell you that it is "Biketoberfest" here and they are all staying at the hotel. Lots of revving bikes and beer drinking in the parking lot. Super.
Can't wait to get home sweet home tomorrow. Won't have internet - Zoiks! Monday will be a day of unpacking, replacing phone and camera chargers and going to Comcast. The girls and I will be happy to be out of the car. It is especially hard on Lucy. Although her hearing is gone and her eyesight spotty, she feels it is her duty to boldly take the lead, no looking back, which results in me running after her constantly and wildly signaling with my arms. Sophie just rolls her eyes. Here is a stock picture of the two of them in our hotel room. I always book a room with two beds and they love it.
our room in N.C.




2 comments:

  1. Can't believe you are back in the Keys already! Where does the time go??

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is waaaaay early for me and I'll tell you why in a couple of days. When are you coming back?

    ReplyDelete