Friday, October 24, 2014

Finally got the new charger I bought to work on my camera and was surprised to find these pictures of Pumpkinfest in Maine. Seems like eons ago. But here are a few of the pumpkins.
Permaquid lighthouse

Goose on the golden egg
 My sister and niece, Ryder, came for a visit and this picture is what $18.00 will get you with Ryder. We bribed her to eat an oyster. Went in her mouth and came right back out. We started to take our money back but she stopped us, cut the oyster in half, doused it in lemon and down the hatch. She was not amused. But we were!!!  hahaha
 King Eiders Pub pumpkin, always a good one.
There was a little stage set up on a side street and we happened upon this sweet old couple. I didn't hear which one of them was 93 years old but I think it was her. They sang a romantic duet and there was not a dry eye in the house. (Yours truly was sobbing behind her sunglasses.)
Then there was the pumpking drop. Ah yes. Biggest crowd I've ever seen for it and biggest crane. Yes, that's a pumpkin up there.
And I took this picture of the aftermath from my car as I was leaving. Those, my friends, are a car and a truck filled with and flattened by the giant pumpkins dropped from the aforementioned crane.
I have to say it is a very satisfying splat!
* * * 

Ok, in other news, I arrived in the Fabulous Florida Keys to 84 degrees of heat and humidity, got my car completely unpacked and then it started raining. Hard. And it is still raining. Pretty exciting to be in my little house but so much work to be done. Below is a picture of my pool!! That's right, I'm getting a pool!  It had been set in the hole and the guys were there to plumb it. That night, I think it was Tuesday, we had serious torrential downpours with a thunder and lightning accompaniment. When I looked out in the morning, a bunch of the sand and dirt had washed under the pool and it was listing to the right as you can probably see. The guys are Not Happy. Now it will have to be hoisted back out, the hole re-dug and in it goes again. That's if it ever stops raining. Still pretty exciting though, right?
And lastly, guess where I am this weekend??  You got it! In Miami to visit with my girl, Oprah! The whole reason I am in Florida so early this year.

Drove up from the Fabulous Florida Keys in heavy rain and checked into my hotel. Met a new friend (who looks eerily like my mother-in-law) and we shared a cab to Museum Park where we went through the O Marketplace in the pouring rain. 
Picked up some freebies and a yellow Oprah's The Life You Want Weekend rain poncho, and then my friend, Daphne, and I went over to Bayside for a two hour lunch. Fun! Now back in my room watching the news and getting ready to go over to the American Airlines Arena for the opening even with the Lady herself tonight. Wohoo!  I'll keep you posted. Nice to be back online.

And now you are caught up with my little life. What's new with you?



No comments:

Post a Comment