Saturday, October 4, 2014

Well, it's been a wild and wonderful three days since my friends, Sue and Katrina, arrived from the Fabulous Florida Keys. Here are a few snaps to show you what we've been up to. 
Pemaquid Light
We paid a visit to Pemaquid Point and toured the lighthouse and admired the gray view over the Atlantic.
Katrina is a million miles away
Went over to Shaw's for chowdah. And if that isn't a picturesque Maine harbor, I don't want to know about it.

Sue channels her inner lobstah
so true!
Yesterday we took a trip to the Farnsworth Art Museum and saw the Shaker exhibit - interesting but not as good as I'd hoped - and visited my beloved Wyeth paintings which made the trip worthwhile. We walked around Rockland and I topped up my olive oil supply and visited Trilium Soaps !shout out! to restock there as well.
Sue at the Farnsworth. I told her to "do a Cleopatra" hmmmm
We had lunch at a new place called Claws. Super cute and when we got to the window, there was my friend, Luanne! Have not seen her since forever and it was a wonderful surprise. We had her lobster rolls and they were awesome! If you are ever in Rockland, you really must go and tell her Lizzie sent you. They were so good, I never even went for my camera - we just devoured them.
This is the view from the back deck of the Sweetgrass Winery and Distillery. We went for a tasting and some laughs. Bought a bottle of their cranberry smash to take out on Barbie Dreamboat.
And here is sweet Sophie in front of a roaring fire. We've had a fire every chilly evening. Very pleasant.


JUST ONE MORE:
Kind of a blurry picture but I wanted to share with you what happens when you go to my little town offices. I went to pay my taxes the other day and the clerk was a young great dane. Very polite even when I complained to him about the exorbitant amount I had to pay.

No comments:

Post a Comment