Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Getting back on track

I stayed up in Miami last night as I was expecting to go to court today. It was a luxury to stay in bed this morning, not having two little wet noses telling me to get up and out. I spent most of the night with Eckhart Tolle, who I providentially packed in my bag yesterday.

I see now that I have gotten off track in the past few months, allowing this divorce and everything it entails - past and future - to derail me. I have surrendered once again to victimhood, letting it define me. Well, I am not a victim.

Tolle says, and I paraphrase, that when you are present and your attention is fully in the now, that presence will flow into and transform what you do. There will be quality and power in it. He says when you are present and doing what is not primarily a means to an end (money, winning, divorce, etc.) but fulfilling in itself, there is joy and aliveness in what you do, and of course, that you cannot be present unless you become friendly with the present moment. That is the basis for effective action, uncontaminated by negativity.  And I, my friends, have been contaminated by negativity and it is my own damn fault.

So, I will go home with a light heart, accepting what is and being open to whatever happens. Thanks all, for your words of love and support. I am so very lucky to have you in my life. Really, I could not wish for more.


1 comment:

  1. So we will celebrate your renewed spirit on Saturday!

    ReplyDelete