Thursday, March 3, 2011

Well, yesterday was a banner day. After a totally boring hospital auxiliary luncheon (the annual safety lecture), my Mom, my BFF and me went on over to Tropical Optical to help Mom make the transition to a new pair of sunglasses. Now, let me tell you why this is so huge. My mom has been wearing the same pair of sunglasses for 30+ years!!!!! I swear I am not making this up. Those things have gone in and out of fashion about 6 times (and yes, they are currently way out.) They are hideous glasses and make my beautiful mother look like an owl. Awful. So, I was prepared for a fight but we settled on a pair of Jimmy Choo's (!), she whipped out her RX and a credit card and voila! Deal done! And, look how gooooood they look!
 Sit up straight, Mother.
 On a different note, I'm almost done with my Vision Board. Here's what I've got so far.
Whether or not you believe in the law of attraction, and I don't know if I do or not, it has been a fun exercise. I find it notable that I did not include anything to do with money or anything to do with romance. I'm going to add a lottery ticket or some dollar signs or something. But because of my firm belief that all men are pigs, and yes, I know that in my heart of hearts, romance is not in the picture. Literally.

btw, has anyone noticed that lately Charlie Sheen is channeling my husband?!

1 comment:

  1. That's why it sounded so familiar! You mean ex-husband, right? Or not yet?

    ReplyDelete