Thursday, March 31, 2011

partay!

Although the divorce is still not final, I was not about to cancel my party, and as I have said, I am done with this craziness. I've never had a party just for me and I would definitely recommend it! Saturday was a beautiful day, very warm. With my friends and family in attendance, I was definitely feeling the love.
My friend Stacy even flew down from Virginia just to come to my party and nephew Nat and sisterfriend, Sarah, drove down from Stuart. I wanted to give a little speech and I started to rehearse it in my head when I walked the girls the morning of . . . I want to specially thank my Mom and Dad for their unconditional love and support, my friend Stacy for making me see the reality of my situation, my nieces and nephews for continuing to love me, my friends Sue and Gloria for letting me vent practically every time I see them, Lu and Tom for including me in their lives, my BFF, Leslie, my friends Donnagaye, Florence, Lenore . . . well the list just went on and on and on and on (I can hardly believe my good fortune btw, to have such lovely people in my life) and I would have been talking all day long. So, instead of a speech I just basked in the day.
Thank you, Gary, for stepping up. You is the man!
Thank you, Patrick, for this glorious food. Perfect.
Thank you everybody, for your love and support. Thanks for a super fabulous party!!

2 comments:

  1. sorry we couldn't be there - but very happy that you had a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww - we all loved being with you!!! It was a fabulous party and you are always worth the trip, my friend.

    Love,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete