Wednesday, April 20, 2011

short post tonight

This morning early, we drove up to my land and met up with Steve to take a hike down to the river, La Tigra, a lovely cool gurgling creek that flows through the bottom of the property in this the height of the dry season. One can see how it might become a raging river when the rain comes. I love this picture of Lu.
my land
me and my BFF Steve

From there, we decided to visit La Marina, an animal rescue/zoo type place in Agua Zarca. We drove thru Florencia, to Ciudad Quesada (booming metropolis that is is) where we had some lunch, and then to La Marina. It was nice to see the people out on this holiday week, the little villages, the crops, the livestock. (I say "we" but Tom did the driving, and did an awesome job of it.)  And then La Marina. I found it depressing. All those poor animals in sparse cages. I took a lot of pictures but reviewing them tonight, I think I won't post them. Very dispiriting and makes me sad all over again. Maybe it is for their benefit but maybe a little exploitation going on there too. I don't know. So enough about that.
* * * * 
Now, let me tell you about our plan for tomorrow. YIKES!!! The plan is to drive up to the volcano, take a gondola up 300 ft, and while hanging on to a cable, jump off a platform. To the next platform. And then do it eight times more 'til we get to the bottom. Crazy? Duh! (Just kidding. Sort of.) 
Seriously, those of you who know me, know that after very many years, I have chosen to stop living my life in fear. Heights is just another part of that. Listen, every single free choice you ever undertake arises out of one of the only two possible thoughts there are. A thought of love or a thought of fear. Think about it. Fear is the energy which contracts, closes down, draws in, runs, hides, hoards, harms. I believe that Love is the opposite of fear. Love is the energy which expands, opens up, sends out, stays, reveals, shares, HEALS. And, I am all about that. 


So stay tuned and send love to me and Lu and Tom. 


And as I said earlier, YIKES!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment