Sunday, December 11, 2011

Guess where I am today??

I'll give you a hint. There is ice and snow on the ground and it is 20 degrees outside. And it involves taking a plane and a rental car.

Quite a shock to get off the plane in Detroit in my sandals. Zoiks it's cold! I flew in to surprise my mom and dad for her birthday. And talk about a shock!! Thankfully, nobody clutched at their chest and collapsed to the floor. Even Rose was surprised.
Wuh?
I brought fresh stone crab and a key lime pie in my suitcase for dinner and we had quite a feast with neighbors, Brad and Lydia, the nicest people ever.
kind of looks like the pie is on fire in this picture
Going to Trader Joe's this morning and to a play later on before I head back to the airport. (So lovely to sleep in 'til 8am with no little wet noses poking me. Thank you, Florence, for that!)
Here is the quilt I made for my mom's birthday present. Like a bonce, I left all the photos up in Maine so my sisters helped me out by scanning and emailing me what they had.  So, this is what I've been working on for the past few weeks. Finished it Friday night!


1 comment: