Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Well, life has been a little hectic lately. Today alone, I had the annual hospital Christmas luncheon (my group of four won the bell ringing concert! Right on, girls, shakin' that  booty- and those bells), a Habit for Humanity meeting (and can anyone PLEASE donate enough seafood for 300 people for the party in March? Anyone? Anyone? Ok, then how about just 35 pounds of shrimp? some wine?) and I'll keep you posted on how THAT goes.
I also went back to the shrink. Mostly out of curiosity. But, what a difference a week makes. Seriously, I know mercury is in retrograde but that doesn't quite cover it. Bipolar disorder would be my guess . . . she was definitely out of her manic phase this time - but what do I know? And, she was helpful this time. Really. I'll spare you the details but apparently I had given myself two years to get over the loss of my marriage, and way of life really, and she sort of gave me permission to take longer to get over the fact that someone I've loved for over half of my life suddenly - and most cruelly - walked out of my life, stepping all over me in the process. I thought I was stuck but she said again, I am suffering from post traumatic stress. Whatever. So, I guess I give it more time. Next week, she is going to use neurofeedback on me for the depression and sleep problems. Yay! Instant Cure!! Right? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment