Friday, July 6, 2012

Happy Birthday America

So we packed up and headed for Round Pond for their annual parade on a warm humid day and it didn't disappoint. The little church there was having a quilt show. So sweet the way they had the quilts on display, draped over the pews.

The parade was political as always, Romney being a prime target. 
 Love this one - see the dog on the roof of the car? haha
 There were the usual jabs at the tourists-this one called Slow and Curious (get it?) with a sign that said We're on vacation, isn't everybody? or something like that.
 Here are my sweet little ones. They got a healthy supply of candy thrown at them from the floats.
 Gotta love small town Maine.




 The Lawn Chair Brigade was there again.


 And, quite a few marchers for gay marriage rights.


 This is a picture of a poppy that was all by its lonesome in the parking lot. Beautiful. I got a good look at it because this is where Nat's car broke down and we spent a little time here. (It all turned out fine.)
And, look at these little nuggets waiting patiently for dinner. (It didn't hurt that Annie put a movie on her ipad.) 

I start to miss my husband on days like these and then I realize how much more calm and peaceful we all are without him in the picture. He is the big loser here, missing out on all of this happiness. Shot himself in the foot, didn't he? Lost a fabulous wife and  4th of July at Round Pond with family. That's all I'll say about him. I have better things to do.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! I must say that I got confused over one though - you said there was a float for gay marriage rights and the next picture down was the 3 Maine guys on the Round Pond Lobster truck. I don't think so...;)
    Love it all and glad you are having a good week with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet it was way more calm and peacwful with much less stress on you. The pictures are wonderful, the parade looked its usual grand self, and someday we will all march in it again. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete