Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Things are quiet at my house this morning. My sister, Becky, arrived Sunday night and I drove her and Ryder to the airport yesterday for their trip back to California. We had a nice lunch at DeMillos, a Portland institution.
I got home in time to water my plants and have a swim. Check out the ugliest tomato plant ever - and the most prolific. It has been giving me three or four tomatoes every day for a month or so but now it is churning them out by the dozen!

And, look at what I picked up at the Post Office today. New oilcloth in a yummy lavender color. Soon to be a new Genevieve Bag. Fabulous!
Josh, said to me yesterday, so things will be back to normal now with everyone gone. I thought, hmmmmm, normal is when you leave, buddy! Don't get me wrong: I love my nephew and I love having him here and I'm not in a hurry for him to go. It's just that normal for me has become living alone. I've been on my own for three years now - not my choice and I never expected to be - and I have become a stronger person because of it. Just like with driving, I choose to love it because I do not have a choice. So, I choose to love living alone. The love of these things extinguishes the fear. My affirmation from Louise Hay today says, I utilize the treasures within me-joy, peace, love, and wisdom-and I find only good before me.

3 comments:

  1. Does this mean you might be open to a visit from an adult goddess visitor for a few days?

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the immortal words of Luther Vandross: always and forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okeedokee then. I just have to figure out the getting to Bangor piece. I'm trying for the 11am bus from Bangor which arrives in Damariscotta at 1:30 or so. Lunch at the Pub anyone? How exciting that the three of us get to be together on your free days! Love to you both. Say bye to that handsome Josh for me. So happy that you have had so much great company this summer. Love your Louise Hay affirmation too!

    g

    ReplyDelete