Saturday, July 28, 2012

Well, it's been a long and busy day and we haven't even come to the Main Event yet! Josh and I drove down to Portland today for a concert tonight. We stopped for breakfast with none other than my near and dear friend, Gloria!  Yay! Can't believe we only saw her for an hour or so but she'll be back . . . and  by the way, we ate at Chrissy's in Damariscotta and two thumbs up! Excellent breakfast.

making Josh smile
We made a stop at JoAnn for some necessaries and then in Portland, we took a walk around town and hit a few shops before we went to the Museum of Art for a couple of hours.
Next, on to our hotel: The Inn at St. John, a Victorian railroad hotel dating from 1897 and claiming to be the oldest continuously operating inn in Portland. Other than the fact that it is surrounded by the homeless and drug addicted, it is just great. oy vey
Here is my little room - key word little - but clean and comfy and a TV that has real channels. That work. Wow! And airconditioning! I have to share a bathroom with strangers but the guy that checked us in said they are very nice. I take that to mean they don't appear to be axe murders, but one never knows, does one?
I'll tell you about dinner and the concert later. If you don't hear from me, my neighbor really was an axe murderer!  haha


No comments:

Post a Comment