Sunday, August 5, 2012

current happenings

So, I got my first flat tire on the way to Augusta the other day. I was cool and collected and steered to the side of the road and probably only used a few expletives. Josh sprung into action and wrestled that sucker off and changed the tire in record time. I took it to mean that when Toyota told me I needed four new tires, they weren't kidding. So, my little Prius is now sporting four new ones.
 And, I've got another full house. Josh is out in my studio again and Lu and Catherine are in the guest room. Their camping trip came to an abrupt end and they appeared on my doorstop with a kayak, loads of food, a grill, sheets, towels, etc. They've been doing the cooking so as far as I'm concerned, they can stay as long as they like! Here is my busy little kitchen. As you can see, even Sophie is in on the action.
 Breakfast this morning was pancakes. And, not just any pancakes. Catherine sprouted the grain and then milled it and then soaked it in buttermilk. Imagine that! Delish
 And, last night we had some celebratory oysters. Celebration of a fabulous day on the Lake with lots of swimming, kayaking and sailing. So what that Catherine got lost on the lake in her kayak and that the sail jumped off the mast while Lu was sailing. It was a great day!
I made an awesome mignonette sauce with shallots and some of my Fiore white lemon balsamic vinegar and Josh is now an accomplished oyster shucker!




1 comment: