Sunday, August 26, 2012

Happy days

Remember tissue paper flowers? I spent the morning in my jammies making tissue paper flowers after I couldn't find a bow for a birthday present. Something so gratifying in putting all this paper together and pulling it this way and that to produce such a pretty result.
Afterwards, off I went to Rockland for a visit to the Quilt Divas, Deb and Doris. They have the most beautiful shop and it's always fun to visit. I highly recommend you give them a try. They're right on Main Street.
I took myself out for fish tacos at the Sunfire Grill, also on Main. I hadn't been for a few years. They've expanded and the food continues to be muy fabuloso!
So, I bought a fabric remnant at Joann's the other day and decided it was time to replace my lampshade. I loved this lampshade but one night over the summer, when the kids were here, the mosquitoes were on the attack and I smacked two of them on the lampshade (the bugs, not the kids), leaving bloody bodies and a stained shade. I tried a bleach pen which made it even worse. So.
 Ta da!  Look how cute and vintage-y this looks.
 Now I was on a roll, so I whipped up a couple of new collars for Rose, at my Daddy's request. I love this fabric - another remnant - full of doggies in yoga poses.
 And, lastly, I picked up this ugly little table at a yard sale for five bucks and it was just calling out to me for a little oilcloth re-do.
And, voila:
It's the little things that bring us the most pleasure, isn't it? Happy days.

*  *  *  *  *  *  *



I Do Not Like It

I do not like it me akin

3 comments:

  1. Love this! I posted it on my FB page, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz - this came from Maggie Pooter because Google forced me to create a blog profile in order to post a comment. So I used my poot who is, btw, doing well and pretty perky.

    ReplyDelete