Friday, August 31, 2012

Somehow autumn crept up on me. I realized it when I went to Beth's for corn and strawberries and when I drove up, I saw mums, pumpkins, cornstalks and squash!  What the heck! Where are the fuscias, the lavender, the geraniums? The blueberries?
And, it was cool enough to have a fire in the fireplace as the sun went down and what a lovely sight, isn't it? 

I've been working on a quilt for my friend Florence. She is going to be a grandmother for the first time and is over the moon! I love this fabric she chose by Bunny Hill. It is called Ooh La La.  Very sweet for a baby girl. Somehow the size got away from me . . .



here's a closeup
And lastly, I title this photo: "Why yes, I am digging up the lawn. What of it?"



Oh! Also wanted to say I posted a link to the right, of a short slide show of my trip to Bali, taken by one of the girls in the group, Juanell.

2 comments:

  1. Lizzie, George and I wanted to thank you for putting up Juanelle's pictures. We were in the group that didn't get to see the dying vats at Hoffman because of the rain, so it's great to have these photos!
    And Juanelle, if you are reading this, wow! do you have a great eye for framing a picture! Very professional, thanks for sharing.

    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joan! How wonderful to hear from you! I don't know if Juanell reads my blog but the Facebook group is still active . . . Are you going on the trip in March? Would be great to see you again. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete