Saturday, December 15, 2012

I came up for air and realized that there are not many days left until Christmas so I have been sewing for the little ones in my spare time. I'm making a memory game - we called it Concentration when I was a kid and my sisters and I loved to play. I saw a version of this on Purl Soho (shout out! Love the Purl Bee!) but I am doing mine with fussy cuts, decor bond and this stuff from Mainely Sewing called um well I can't remember what it's called but it's really thick stabilizer used for bags. Lots of zigzagging and I've used up two spools of thread so far.
So, last night I bartended at this event to benefit the Domestic Abuse Shelter, a cause near and dear to my heart. Pearls in Paradise. Had to wear black and pearls and it was fun seeing everybody decked out. It was at Eleanor's gorgeous estate and the fabulous Dave Feder, guitarist extraordinaire - and my friend - played with his band, Myster. They were absolutely great! So, a good time had by all and lots of money raised for a good cause.
And a few days ago, Chuck and Karen put on quite a spread in a holiday celebration for our water aerobics group. A lovely evening and just look at that sunset. BoCo (Bonnie and Connie) showed up as Mr. and Mrs. and how cute are they!




the spread

No comments:

Post a Comment