Saturday, December 22, 2012



So I looked on the google to see what kind of lizard I have hanging around and guess what? It's called a Jesus Lizard. I have no trouble believing that because when I come across it, I usually say something like Holy Jesus! The thing is 3 feet long and doesn't seem to mind me or the dogs being around, unless the dogs spot him and go after him, and then the sucker can move. I'm just glad he wasn't lights out on the ground this morning because the Fabulous Florida Keys are in the midst of a cold spell - all the way down to 50 last night!! These lizards can't tolerate the cold temps and you can see dead bodies all over the place when we have a prolonged cold snap.

Michele and I went up to the Hard Rock in Hollywood on Wednesday. The Civic Club got a bus and we hitched a ride. Michele had never been before and went a little wacko over the 2 penny slots. (yawn) I had a mani/pedi and a nice lunch and some laughs with FloBo and her sis. Met up with Michele back on the bus. Hey, I won $23! woohoo  Not going to tell you what I paid for the mani/pedi but suffice to say, I didn't come out ahead (or even) when you factor that in!
 And, I wanted to show you the beautiful faces of my orchid. No, that's Elvis at the Hard Rock. I'm talking about the picture below. Hello?
Today I drove up to Whole Foods and bought myself a Christmas dinner for Tuesday. Chicken Kiev. I'm going to dig out my funky little artificial tree tomorrow. I'm all done missing my husband and feeling blue. Time to move on.

Cheers for now,
LizzieAlone

No comments:

Post a Comment