Sunday, July 21, 2013

Mercury makes a grand exit

We've had a hot sticky patch of weather - just miserable - and yesterday I did my usual stint at the botanical gardens, parboiling in 90+ degrees behind the huge bubble of a windshield in my shuttle. ghastly. I was the only shuttle on so was busy driving to and fro and I've always wanted to say to and fro plus I didn't want to stop moving and getting a little breeze in and so the only picture I took was of the whale rock.
Couldn't wait to get home and jump in the Lake with the girls. Which is exactly what I did when that trickster Mercury tormented me once again on his last day in retrograde. (And let's all breathe a sigh of relief today as the planets are back to normal, right?) I carefully put my ipod in the slot in the arm of my little chair on the dock and attached my watch to the other arm and dove in. The water was choppy with a hot wind coming across the Lake and it felt fabulous. A bigger gust of wind hit the dock and it was like slow motion as I watched my chair tip backwards and plunge into the water. Nooooooooo
Went swimming after it, grabbed the back of the chair and watched the ipod with earbuds attached spiral down out of sight. I got the chair up on the dock as fast as I could because my watch is water resistant and saw the minute hand moving. Yes! Went back in after the ipod and couldn't find it. The water was too choppy and visibility-not.
The good news is, that gust of wind signaled a cold front moving in and oh, what a relief it is to be in the 60's this morning. The bad news? I can't listen to my ipod on my walk this morning. Or ever.
A little eulogy: my sister-friend Sarah advised me to get the ipod touch soon after my husband left, when I was getting ready to go to Ireland. I have loved that thing ever since, used it every day and night, so I got my money's worth. Going to get a new one asap.
miss sophie
In other news, my affirmation for today says, My inner child is a joyous, intelligent, highly creative, and inventive being who enriches my life. And, that is because Gloria is coming to visit today! Yay for art and creativity! And, good riddance to Mercury in Retrograde!

2 comments:

  1. Gloria fits the description of your 'inner child.' Have a great time together!

    ReplyDelete