Friday, July 19, 2013

Stacy and I went to Portland yesterday and made a beeline for Soakology where I chose the Healing Rose and Lavender soak "for the ultimate relaxation experience" and Stacy chose the Refreshing Aromatherapy for "enhanced circulation."  Now, I would like everyone who knows me (ok, and those who don't) that a gift card to Soakology would be a wonderful gift for yours truly. Just saying.
Stacy waits to be called.
the tea room
Soakology is a Foot Sanctuary Spa and Tea House and really, can you think of a better combo? You are led downstairs and put your shoes on a rack and don slippers, then to  big plush comfy armchairs up on a platform. Then the copper bowls (and they are really beautiful, locally made) are rolled in with your special preparation of herbs and essential oils. Someone comes in and takes your tea order - they also have little dark chocolate feet to go with. 
After a soak, Tia came in and placed a board over half the tub and I put one of my legs up on it and she gave me the most fabulous massage. After ten minutes, that foot went back in the tub and she moved the board to the other side. Then both feet are back in the soup for 20 minutes while Stacy had her turn (with her own tub-duh!) 
I wanted to share this little decoration that was up in their windows. So clever really - it is a string of lights with cupcake liners cut in flower shapes around each light. So cute. And, while I'm on the clever and cute subject, did you know I am on Pinterest? I am new to it and don't quite get all the ins and outs and it is a total time suck but wow, there are so many amazing and creative people in this world. All sorts of good ideas. I am going to try to figure out how to pin this little picture and put a link to my Pinterest to the right. 
So, after Soakology, I dropped Stacy at the airport and came home to find . . . . drum roll please . . . . my new George on the doorstep!! He's not pink but red will do just fine. 
Welcome, George!

No comments:

Post a Comment