Tuesday, July 2, 2013

My beautiful fabulous niece, Annie, drove up from Philly for a sewing weekend with Zia (that's me!) Not really a weekend per se but my days off from work, so may as well be. So. Darn. Happy. to have her here!! First of all, she brought me my updated necklace, with the newest grandbabies added:  Roman, Benjamin, Michael. Nine altogether so a little disc was added to the middle. Here it is and I'm so happy to have it back. I treasure it most of all my jewelry. (and that's saying a lot because I do love my bling)
Annie brought her Elna and a bunch of fabric and finally embarked on the abstract Frida quilt that's been percolating in her mind for a few years now. We took time out only for a necessary trip over to Alewives and oysters at the Pub and then back to work. And, she was still working when I went to bed last night.
Here is what she has so far. I think it is so lovely. You can see the suggestions for flowers in the hair, eyebrows, necklace.

 Sophie, of course, slept through the whole thing. No surprises there.

No comments:

Post a Comment