Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Anatomy of a tooth fairy pillow

So, I found this Larissa Holland pattern thru Pinterest (epic time suck alert!) and tweaked it a little and documented my process. It is clever in that you make a little pocket behind the mouth, as you can see below, to put the tooth/money in. The pattern has it made with felt which I think is more effective. I had flannel. Hey, you work with what you got.
Used my watercolor pencils to put on the cheeks and an iron-on doll face transfer for the eyes - found it at Joann's in the sale bin ages ago.
 Added a skirt.
Sewed her right sides together and left a hole for turning - used a little pink boa for hair and it's also a loop to hang her by.
Stuffed her and gave her some better lips. Sort of. Just have to put some fray check on the lips, give her a little more stuffing and sew up her crotch.
So, here is my question:  Is this thing creepy or cute? It's a fine line, isn't it?

3 comments:

  1. A little creepy...:)but cute. What about a boy version?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I only have a little girl losing a tooth right now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE, CUTE, CUTE!!! If I were a little girl I would want it and would keep it til I was a big girl and would then give it to my little girl. Winnah! (as are the scallops; will also try the series and the book. Always appreciate recommendations!. Love you. Off now to big brisket night. New Year, here we come.

    ReplyDelete