Sunday, September 1, 2013

Well, here is a picture that is near and dear to my heart: my nephew Will sewing with Miss Elna. Will's goal for his visit was to sew a vest. Now, I can quilt and make bags like a pro but clothing? Not my forte. However, we persevered. Bought a t-shirt and made a pattern and went to work. Here is Will hard at work sewing the slippery satin back and lining. The trick? Pinning pinning and yes, more pinning. 
He took some time out to build a fire and roast us some marshmallows and I would have an action shot of that but the kid is in constant motion - difficult to get a shot of him that isn't blurry.
And, while I was at work, he was off at the boat ramp doing his part for the Lake by inspecting boats for invasive plants. Yay for Will! 
So, I take full responsibility for the shoulders being a little hinky and one side being longer than the other but I think he did a great job altogether. In the dictionary, this is the picture next to Suave and Debonaire.



1 comment: