Saturday, September 21, 2013

Greetings from the Motor City

So, I just arrived in Detroit for a little visit with my Daddy. Waiting for my Mom to pick me up in a few minutes.


I came on a beat up little piece of crap Delta flight with peeling paint whose engines wouldn't even start when I got on in Portland. They had to bring out an independent power source and got one of the engines started and decided to go in hopes the other one would engage.

Now, why the hell do they tell you this stuff? I would have felt much better if they'd said, sorry for the delay but we had to go back for some hot towels that the masseuse will hand out later with the champagne and biscuits. jeez

Delta's motto is "Keep Climbing." I think the pilots scream it in the cockpit on takeoff:  Pleeeeeeeze keep climbing, pleeeeeeeze! OMG KEEP CLIMBING!!

It was a bumpy flight but mercifully quick and my luggage made it and I'm still alive so can't complain too much I guess. And, they served me a glass of water.

No comments:

Post a Comment