Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hot and humid today after weeks of cool fall weather. Perfect for Barbie Dream Boat to take me and the girls out. I felt much more confident today. Practiced docking solo and had some sort of muscle memory that had me with the motor idling, bowline in one hand and stepping off onto the dock to tie up. Felt good. Got some lines and fenders on her, put a cleat in on my dock. Yeah!
 Princess Lucy went right to her seat - overjoyed to be back on a boat after these last few years. Sophie was not so sure but this is one boat she cannot jump off of (as is her wont) so she was pretty good. She liked it better when I let her take her toy with her. Gave her something to irritate me with while I tried to drive.
As you can see, it was a gorgeous day to be on the water and Barbie Dream Boat behaved like the Barbie she is. Started right up and showed us a fabulous time.



3 comments:

  1. Looks blissful! We miss you zia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to take you all for a ride next summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naughty girls to eat the tooth fairy you worked so hard to make (but so adorable it's hard to get mad). Love the photos and the Barbie. You are such an amazingly competent captain. Your blog is full of great news.Can I get in line now for next summer's passenger list.
    Love you!

    ReplyDelete