Friday, January 3, 2014

Happy New Year!

I'm feeling really good about 2014. The past is over and done. Louise Hay tells me, There is only the now moment where I choose my thoughts that create my future. Love that!

Top of my list resolution-wise? and I'm reading from my list verbatim:
1. Let go of my husband. Forget him. Move on. No more obsessing.

So after another bleak holiday season, I have decided that from now on, instead of being choked by the insidious creeping tentacles of self pity, I'm moving on - I really am. I AM.  (Notice I said nothing about forgiveness. I'm not a saint, for chrissake sake. Honestly, you know me better than that!)

So, here is how I stayed in the moment over the holidays. Also gave myself a heck of a paralyzed back and neck but Dr. Lu to the rescue so I'm over that.
This first quilt top is a wonky 9-patch that I started in a guild class last year and is now at the long arm quilter. It's all Bali batiks except for a bit that Mary Ellen "loaned" me.
This quilt is a work in progress. Got three borders on and didn't have enough fabric so emailed Cotton Weeds in Maine with a picture and said do you have any left and please please please can you send it to me? They were able to locate two half yards which came yesterday. Yes! Thank you Cotton Weeds so much - shout out to my girls there!!

In other news, after a warmer and more humid than usual December (now, don't be hating on me), a cold front swept through this morning and it's not going to get out of the sixties all day. Love it! It has been in the 70's at night so this is a treat for sure. Now I'm out the door to walk the girls. ta for now

1 comment:

  1. You go, girl! And forgiveness? Overrated, I think. ;)

    ReplyDelete