Thursday, January 9, 2014

My friend, Janet

I will tell you all about the quilt show tomorrow but tonight I want to tell you about my beautiful friend, Janet. I found out tonight that she is gone. I loved her so much and those of you who know me have heard funny and wonderful stories about her for years. She was sweet and nutty and fun and caring and could be hysterically funny and made us  look forward to coming to work in the morning. So many loved her so much and this is such a huge loss.
She is survived by her husband of 60 years, Russy, and trust me when I tell you that they were in love from day 1 until the end. We should all be so lucky.
The last time I saw her was at my husband's 50th birthday party and then life fell apart and I never reconnected with many of my old friends. I am so so sad I did not see her in recent years, my fault entirely, and I resolve to see the people I love and have lost contact with in this new year. Thank you, Janet, for making me see that I need to connect again with our friends. Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment