Sunday, May 15, 2016


I've been working on blankets for Honor Flight. Do you know what that is? It's a non-profit dedicated to providing veterans with "honor and closure". They fly WWII vets and their "guardians" (Vietnam vets out of Florida lately) to Washington DC to visit the memorials dedicated to honor the service and sacrifices of them and their friends. It's all first class flights, food, entertainment, etc. Over 20,000 went last year and there are another 20,000 on the waitlist. Anyhoo, that's a lot of blankets. Pretty easy sewing though. Cut out a cozy fleece and sew the service insignia to it. I just finished these for Navy veterans.
And speaking of sewing, here are a few beauties from my monthly quilt guild meeting. I didn't take my show and tell because it's not quite done but I'll show it to you here:
It's an umbrella! I can't believe I made a freaking umbrella! And here is Sophie posing next to it, of course. It still needs the trim and the gold ring on top.
One block wonder. Can't wait to do one of these
Marie made a tuffet
Maria's carpetbag. I snagged this pattern too.
And in further news of the week, my friend, Debbie, took me up to Miami for the soul sucking business of getting a colonoscopy. Yes, although there are many plusses to turning 60, this is not one of them. Dr. Goldberg was a real laugh riot and I could not get out of there soon enough after having to wait for 3 hours. Of course, the worst part of the whole thing is the prep which started the night before. Thankfully, I will not need another one for years.
Image result for colonoscopy cartoons



No comments:

Post a Comment