Friday, May 27, 2011

Apparently a family of squirrels decided the lead flashing around my chimney would be a yummy treat this winter. I'm surprised I haven't seen their little corpses strewn about since I got home. It caused my chimney to leak all winter so I had a nice pile of soaking wet ashes when I got back and a rusty fireplace screen. The chimney guy was up on the roof all morning (to the tune of $650-oy vey) and because he had to plug in his saw, the back door stayed open. Such a gorgeous sunny day. Every time I turned around, Miss Sophie had snuck out. . .
 I caught her ankle deep in the creek once but other than that, she was content to bask. 4 more days 'til her stitches come out.
 Here is sunset from my house on beautiful Damariscotta Lake.
And, because I have been neglecting Miss Lucy lately, here she is in all her glory. Little old lady having a snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment