Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Bit of a rough night last night. The patient woke me up at about 1am and so I settled in with her on the kitchen floor. She decided it was time to get up at about 5am. Here is how we spent the night. This is not a happy face! I'm sure mine wasn't much happier.
All her wounds are on the same side which I guess is a good thing (?) except that when she tries to walk, she lists to one side and runs into walls. You can see the three areas, rear leg, tummy and neck, shaved and full of staples and sutures. Poor girl. They look clean this morning though, not inflamed or seeping. Good.
We're going to try for a night in the bedroom tonight. I'm holding half her pain meds until right before bed. Fingers crossed for more than 4 hours of sleep.

Lucy unfortunately is completely insane. Intent on getting and keeping my attention at Sophie's expense. I need somebody to come and take her for a long run. Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment