Tuesday, May 3, 2011

We will all remember where we were and what we were doing when Osama Bin Laden was killed. For me and Stacy?  Duh! It was the day Jackson went missing!
Here is what happened: I had the car all packed up and Sophie was already onboard. Stacy brought her stuff out to her car and we were back and forth cabin to cars. All ready to go and, where's Jackson? So we called. And we called and we called and we called. We walked the area. We drove the area. Stacy talked to the neighbors. No Jackson. Two hours or so later, we finally deduced that he had been taken.
So, I left Stacy to call the cops, animal control, the newspaper, and I headed off to town to pick up some posterboard and magic markers to make REWARD signs. I wound my way out of our neighborhood to the highway and got up to speed. A mile or so up, who should I see but Jackson, trotting down the highway, cars whizzing by. I stopped my car in the middle of the road, put the hazards on, got out and scooped him up. Took him back to his traumatized mama.  It's a mystery as to what happened and Jackson's not talking. But, all's well that ends well.
So, I never got off 'til about 11am. We finally stopped outside of Hartford, CT. Could not drive another inch. Exhausted. Check out the girls.
Didn't make it to my family's house so I'll come back down to see them next week. Today, I am all about getting home to Maine: The way life should be!! I'm just waiting 'til 9am in the hopes of missing the worst of the traffic in Hartford. To me, getting thru Connecticut is the worst part of the trip. So much traffic always. I would not like to live here. toodles for now

No comments:

Post a Comment