Sunday, May 22, 2011

Hard to believe just one week ago, I was sitting in King Eider's Pub having lunch with proprietors, Sarah and Todd, listening to three guys jamming in the corner, making some really wonderful music. It reminded me of being in Ireland when people show up in the pub with their instruments and just start playing over by the window or in a corner of the bar. Represent! King Eider's - yeah! Unfortunately, there won't be a repeat of that today.
Anyhoo,
it was great to get out yesterday for a few hours. And what a difference a few days make. For one thing, the leaves were out! I was like WOOOAAAHH when I got to the top of my road. Wow. Pale springtime green as far as the eye could see. Here are some shots of my garden this morning. Everything pushing up out of the cold ground, looking for the elusive sun (and let me tell you, we haven't seen a lot of it since I got here.)
Sophie Update:
Doing well, as you can see. We might take a ride in the car today. She is sleeping 'til 6am now which I appreciate. Yesterday, my friend Sue came over for lunch and Sophie blasted through the screen door and ran to her car. I think she was a bit surprised at herself but that is progress when you compare it to a few days ago. 

1 comment:

  1. Your garden is beautiful! I remember how wonderful the spring flowers are in Maine. The hope and the promise...
    So sorry to learn of Sophie's ills. We love our dogs so much! I never knew what people were talking about until I got Rudy. Now I am as attached and beholden as I can possibly be.
    Much love to you, Liz, as you navigate rough waters, again.
    XXXOOO
    Susan

    ReplyDelete