Monday, June 20, 2011

FYI

In case you were wondering what I do with my Sundays . . .
 LizzieAlone, Courtesy Boat Inspector! Defender of the Lake - out dam invasive plants! Here I am on the public boat ramp where I check boats coming in and out of the lake for invasives like Hydrilla and Milfoil, horrible plants that choke the life out of lakes and streams and rivers. I have not found anything yet but I have my CSI ziplock bags at the ready to send off to the State should I need to i.d. any suspicious looking plants.
When I drove home yesterday, I took the backroads to enjoy the scenery on such a beautiful day. Came across this farm in the middle of nowhere. If you can't read it, it says "Cow$hit Corners." I went through little villages called Alna and Chelsea and Knowlton Corner and Winslow Hill. Stopped in Augusta for some lunch and then meandered my way home for some work in the garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment