Sunday, June 19, 2011





I title this picture: The Love is Gone.  Get it?
My poor former house looks so sad. I've been packing my things, sifting through many years of memories. What a waste. But enough about that.
I got home to the Lake last night with the rumble of thunder all around and the girls and I went out on the dock to watch the storm come in. So, the first thing that happened was four loons came swimming by and one had a baby on it's back. I don't think I've ever seen that before. Awesome nature moment. Here is what it looked like - not my picture.

But hold the phone. Then, two seagulls chasing the eagle flew by right in front of me, wheeled around and came back towards me. When he was right in front of me, the eagle dropped his fish right in front of the dock. It SMACKED the water hard, must have been about 8 inches long. I managed to grab Sophie before she went in after it. Cool, right? Here is what it looked like - again, not my picture. (Man, it's amazing what you can find on the internet - like, everything.)
Then, the storm was upon us and we ran for the house. 
Here is what it looked like from my living room. In a big rainstorm with lots of wind, every single freakin window leaks. The water runs like rivers down the wall and over the floor in search of rugs.

2 comments:

  1. So why not take the "LOVE" off the shed door? It was always all about you anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are missing the point - do you see what is left on the shed door? Duh The love is gone. Literally.

    ReplyDelete