Wednesday, June 1, 2011

I looked at my blog from a year ago.  It was my 25th and final wedding anniversary. I was in Glasgow, having a fine time. Emotionally, I've come a long way since he left, it's almost like reading about a stranger when I look back. So, I was trying to think about some words of wisdom about the divorce (5 weeks ago) and maybe one thing I've learned by living alone these past 22 months. So here goes:
Spread your wings. That's right. Use every inch of the bed. Until a few weeks ago, I was still sleeping on my side of the bed. Now? The whole thing, baby! So, spread your wings.

Here is what my BFF sent me this morning:


One lazy Sunday morning the wife and I were quiet and thoughtful,
sitting around the breakfast table when I said to her
 unexpectedly,
"When I die, I want you to sell all my stuff, immediately."
"Now why would you want me to do something like that?" she asked.
"I figure a woman as fine as yourself would eventually remarry
and I don't want some other a$$hole using my stuff."

She looked at me intently and said:
"What makes you think I'd marry another a$$hole?"


Sophie update:  Staples and stitches out! Still has interior stitches that will dissolve. On antibiotics for mild infection. On the mend! Good prognosis! What a gift.

No comments:

Post a Comment