Sunday, July 24, 2011

Ok, this is what a bonce I am. I get all emotionally geared up, I mean like weeks ago, for the big anniversary. July 24th. Two years since my husband took a nutty (seriously, can you believe it's been that long?)  Oh poor me, pity party time, you get the picture. I'm thinking ok, what will I do to mark this anniversary, because it's the last time I plan to remember it, ever. I'm thinking maybe the ferry to Monhegan (tragic lone figure leaning on the rail gazing into the fog . . . ) You get the idea. Puhleeeze.

So, here's the funny part, I am looking back at my blog this morning, back to last year and  . . . wait for it . . . the anniversary was JULY 14th!  Not today, the 24th. Holy crapoli! I did not remember it. It was a day like any other. I looked at my blog for this year. Passed a totally uneventful day. Wow!
This is HUGE.
I am in the home stretch. Yess!

So, let me just be real for a minute. Yes, I still wake up thinking about him every single dam day but the hurt is fading and I don't cry anymore. And, yes I miss him, my husband, but know in my heart of hearts, that person no longer exists, and really, the person I was isn't hanging around any longer either.

I've done some back sliding since I've come to Maine. Moving out of my home and my studio and saying good-bye to my neighbors, Sophie's cancer, blah blah blah. So, how about this: Since I missed that sad anniversary, maybe this can be a new day to celebrate each year. The day I turned the corner without even knowing it.

Lizzie Alone

. . . . . . . . . and liking it.


4 comments: