Friday, July 22, 2011

A visit from the ex-pats



So, Lu and I cooked breakfast and then we got down to business. Gloria led our annual art class and this day's lesson was watercolors, starting with a wash for the sky and then adding a hill and two trees.
 I think Tom laughed the entire time. And, may I just say that Gloria has the patience of a SAINT. Especially when it comes to she who shall remain nameless - and it's not me.
Here are our pictures. Can you guess which of us did which? If you guess mine right, I'll send it to you. Woohoo!
We trooped off to Damariscotta afterwards to check out a couple of galleries and look at their tree pictures. V. educational. Then, lunch at King Eider. But of course. 
More friends arrived for the afternoon and we swam and talked and talked and swam. Happy days.
There was one rather large glitch in the whole visit but I am sworn to secrecy and as the saying goes, all's well that ends well.



4 comments:

  1. The one on the far right. It has an animal in it but I can't see if it's a dog. Good job, everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting these. So sorry I missed the visit and the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Second from the right. And it's lovely.

    ReplyDelete