Saturday, July 2, 2011

Scram for Dogs

So, I listen to the Paul Parent Garden Club on Sunday mornings, and he was going on and on about Scram for Dogs. Highly recommend, guaranteed, etc.
I've been trying to make a walkway of flat stones and every time I come home Sophie has dug them up. And, she likes to roll on her back on the lawn when she gets out of the Lake, making big dirt spots.
I've been reseeding constantly and using mulch hay and she digs that up as well. I know the problem is that I'm not here when she does it and she's acting out but what am I going to do other than get a dog nanny. And, that's not happening.
Anyhoo, this Scram for Dogs, is organic, natural, non-toxic, blah blah blah and is made out of some kind of urine - hyena or coyote or something - and you spread it on the spots you don't want your dog to be. So, on my way to work last week, I sprinkled the stuff on the spots she has been trashing. O.M.G. the smell. Horrendous!! Disgusting. Gork factor 100! Well, when I got home that night, rocks were dug up as usual, bare spots in the lawn, no sign of the granules. Huh? I poured some more out there. Yuck. I could smell the stuff out my bedroom window all night. But hey, if it works . . .
The next morning I let the dogs out and when I went to let them in, they weren't there. They were EATING the Scram for Dogs. Having a little feast in the yard. Yummy yum yum. And, if that wasn't bad enough, Sophie decided it would be fun to ROLL in the stuff. So, now she smelled to high heaven.
I can not win.

No comments:

Post a Comment