Monday, July 25, 2011

So, I know you've been waiting with bated breath to find out which painting is mine and here it is. The lineup from left to right is Gloria's, mine, Lu's and Tom's. I love that Stacy thinks there is an animal in Tom's. We had such a laugh. He painted a rock. Gloria thought it looked like a whale and I thought it was an owl!  hahahaha
I got email from my mom saying, "The painting I like best is the one on the left - not voting whether or not it is yours, just the one I like best." So I wrote back and said yeah but which one do you think I painted? She says your dad says the one second to the right, I say the one second to the left. Correct! (She is my mom after all.) So, I tell her and she writes back and says, "So, do I get the picture? I will put it in a frame - Don't forget to sign it." Now, only a mom would tell me she likes the other one better but she wants mine.
Well, as life gets back to normal after all of the packing and moving and financial crap, I finally actually sat down and sewed a bag. A little backpack for a friend of mine. Here it is. Cute, right?
I've already starting another project which shall remain secret for now as it is a gift. It is so wonderful to be sewing again. It is the only time when I can be wholly in the present, living in the moment. It's what I strive for always but it seems this is the only time I am really successful.
And finally, I can't help it, I have to show you the view from my windows last night at sunset. The little handprint in the foreground is Seth's. Wow, just in this one shot, so much to be grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment