Wednesday, August 10, 2011

I had the sweetest surprise when I checked my mail a few days ago. My niece Brynne made me this beautiful scarf. The end is beaded. I just love it.
So, yesterday I took a trip up to Lincolnville Beach to visit my BFF. She has the cutest house and here she is in her yard with her collection of birdhouses. How cute is that?
After coffee, off we went to Belfast for the day. She took me on a detour through Bayside, a lovely little Maine summer village. I found this picture of Park Row on the net. Bayside started out in the 1800's as a church camp - most of the original 300 cottages are still there - and boasts 6 generations of families
So, we made a stop at Reny's (had to stock up on my Annie Chun's miso soup) and then of course GW, where I found these shoes (llbean dontcha know) $15. Sweet! Sophie provided background for my pic last night.
Here is my BFF posing, cute as a button. Love these homemade birch trellises. So easy, right? Tied with twine. Might have to try that.
And here is Belfast's waterfront. So beautiful and nice to see a working waterfront, which are becoming a rarity in Maine anymore.
After some shopping and lunch, we headed back south. What a lovely day.









No comments:

Post a Comment