Sunday, August 14, 2011

Ryder's Quilt

Ta da!  She did a beautiful job on her quilt top. Not bad for a first timer. I'll put a back on for her and send it out to Cali as we just ran out of time to finish.
Off we went to Portland for the night, stopping at Mexicali Blues, of course, and Goodwill, where we did our part to shore up the economy. We stayed at the Wyndham in Portland which is right by the airport and perfectly adequate. Ryder was kind enough to leave the maid $5. As you can see, it was money well-deserved. Hello? No way I was this bad when I was 12, right? Right?
Anyhoo, we watched some godawful movie about prom that made me want to stick needles in my eyes and then had an early night to bed. 
Got up at the crack of dawn, literally, drove to the airport and she jetted off into the sunrise. It was a short visit, but oh so sweet. Love that little girl! (But hated that movie!)



No comments:

Post a Comment