Tuesday, August 16, 2011

So, a few days ago in Belfast Harbor, I spotted a Maine Cat coming in to the dock. That is the boat my husband and I spent so much time on. This one even had a yellow sail cover like ours did. I just lost it. Burst into tears. Just when I'm thinking I'm done with the histrionics, here we go again. My BFF was there and totally sympatico but I felt so mad at myself after. And, so sad. My friend//therapist, Stacy, said it is all a part of grief and loss and is normal, even after all this time. Sometimes I feel like I'll never recover.

So, enough about poor pitiful me, My friends, Stacy and Pat, and their kids and grandkids are at the Lake for a week. We made a stop at Beth's for fresh produce. Here she is and check out the drying garlic. How cool is that?
Pat and the little ones did some serious fishing off my dock.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, dear Liz, I hope you can be gentle with yourself and give yourself permission to let this process unfold as it will. I am in such awe of your ability to restart your life. XXXOOO

    ReplyDelete